Monday, March 23, 2009

Is single a 'monster'?

hehehehe, what an intrigue question for my entry this time yet, it is actually quite a 'common' statement, label, stigma, stereotyped, prejudice I might say that people have towards singles. I have a number of good friends who are labelled as 'fierce', as emotionally unstable person and this is personally intrigue me to do this research actually besides all the other academic merits, hahahha. So, how far it is true? What causes it? And does it really happening or is it just a myth?
Or does this has something to do with the biological make up of a women, the every month cycles and also the hormones turbulence? For me, it can be one of the factors because before I married, I had terrible PMS, now it is lessen.
Well, I don't have answer actually for all these question, and I don't know what is the answer. I just wanted to share a finding from an article: single women is more psychologically stress than single men. From personality p.o.v, single women are more intelligent, more open to experience and the never married single is more hostile and irritable :(
And this one finding is interesting, as compared to married women, the household income of the never married is less :( kuang, kuang, kuang.....emmmm...interesting, no wonder a single friend of mine always complaint of pokai, heheheheh study done by Marks, N.F, Flying Solo at Midlife: Gender, Marital status, Psychological Well Being, 1996.
My brother is a follower of this particular blog of whom he knows that the owner is a single Malay lady and she is "getting worst" in her entries nowadays, she is meant and 'not friendly' in her writing, so, my brother was asking me, how can he help her because "she is turning into a monster" day by day (direct quote) and remind us of a relative who is now helpless and 'shun' by other family members sort of. She is a very nice person before but she has changed a lot. There are actually so many other cases surrounding that tell us that this is actually happening but I do not know exactly why, wish I'll have answer so do you know why or at least have the assumptions of why is this happening?

4 comments:

  1. Personally I think she is making herself turn to be one. Sad to say, the only person who can help her is herself. She has to get hold of herself, her emotions likewise. Aduhh..susah lah kedak ya..(to me, she is venting her anger against something that has happened before.and can't get over it.) She has to learn to let go and live life to the fullest. Life is indeed short to fret and whine about losses whatsoever. I just lost an old friend whom I last saw back in 1981. I just got the news that he passed away last Saturday at the age of 41. Am going to be 41 soon and there are things that I want to do before the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jem
    Single ladies need to get together to form support group. Then they will not feel so lonely or alone. Unfortunately this idea has not caught up in our society. I remember at one time I suggested that in a new housing estate, a few rows of houses be sold only to singles especially ladies. But of course, I got laughed at with all sorts of excuses.There are no reasons why singles should be unhappy or moody, building self-reliance and self-dignity are the first step.Hope your research will open the hearts and eyes of single ladies that we need to be together to share strength.

    ReplyDelete