Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PhD challenges

Hi, short one from me today, just got back from lunch with my brother, we talked about PhD thingies. There are 1001 obstacles or in a more positive word, "challenges" in doing PhD. We shared some of our own friends experience and challenges. A, lost his data in his laptop when his laptop was stolen, all his research tracks were in the laptop. B and C involved in a car accident while collecting data in Malaysia. D was diagnosed as having depression after coming back from his data collection trip, of which he described as a very unpleasant experience, and very challenging. E has to go back to Malaysia after knowing that his baby is sick and later died. Well, there is so many stories behind PhD journey, it could happen to anyone, anytime and anywhere. I am blessed that so far, mine is still a 'pleasant' journey so much so, although there are ups and down, Allah is testing us in His very own ways. Be thankful always, syukur alhamdulillah. Please pray for the success of those who are doing their PhD wherever they are, amin.

6 comments:

  1. Good Luck to everyone who are doing their PhD. In life, everything are challenging actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I just got your lovely "thank you" card just now when I went into the UNIMAS Main Faculty office. :).
    To be honest, you asking me these things is like opening a can of worms , I could talk about it for a week ! LOL

    I hope you are fine and just go on lah... its perserverence that wins the day.. I very much come to this conclusion about almost anything that we want in life. If I am in Perth, I actually have a good friend who has settled there and an aunt ( my mother's younger sister ) so if I am in Perth, I certainly will contact you. I had liked Perth the last time I visited it , love the blue river , u know lah, all our rivers here aitn blue ! :)
    My Mak Hitam is fine as far as I know but we all growing old I guess but the thing is to grow old gracefully and to have no regrets , to try and live life the fullest I guess.

    Take care of yourself and your family .
    Salams always ,

    Zorah Abu Kassim
    CMBA, FEB.
    UNIMAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jem,

    Thanks a lot for the card....Ingat sapalah ngantar card dr australia....hahaha...Well..All the best in ur research....

    ReplyDelete
  4. alam Jamy...I love green, & your blogs really sooth my eyes...All the best for your PHD, as u said, Allah SWT is testing u in HIS very own way, banyak kan bersabar, I believe Keyakinan, Usaha, Tekun is the key of success & I also believe that you can do your best..May Allah SWT bless u and your family, give u full of strength, Iman & Takwa...Lots of love & hugs,

    Sincerely,
    Wati-Cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all my particiapnts, thanks for dropping by. To my student and friends, pls remember me in your doa'.

    ReplyDelete