Monday, February 23, 2009

Cooking Therapy


I met a few singles ladies who shared with me their passion in cooking, baking and gardening as well. Some of them were telling me that they have a dream to open their own bakery one fine day, insyaAllah. Mun jadi, promo kelak, dapat merasa air tangan some of you there. Emmm...it makes me wonder, do singles people treat cooking as a therapy? Is cooking or baking or even gardening is one of the many activities they fulfill their time with? Have to search for more literature on cooking & singles women. I personally believe that cooking can be a welcome change and relief from the busyness of other activities especially work. Don't you think so?
Nor***, Rah***, Rosh****, Khan**** told me that they like to bake & cook and then inviting nephews, nieces, friends to come over and eat. Zab***** & Azee*** told me that they love gardening. And I know somebody by the name Far*** who from my personal acquitances likes to do biscuits for Raya and even take an order for the biscuits, I should have asked her more on this during the interview. As for me, I don't really like to cook or even gardening, I don't even know what I like specifically, maybe just lepaking, and relaxing LOL :) What I know for sure is, I am a 'seasonal' cook and baker, depending on time, mood and context.
Now it's your turn to pass the salt. Toss your thoughts into the mixing bowl (aka "comments" section) below. Happy cooking, baking and gardening dear all!
p/s credit to my friend's photos, Intan; she loves to make cuppy cakes so much.

2 comments:

  1. Salam..that is interesting fact....yea even for man cooking is a good theraphy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook when I have nothing to do... In Australia, cooking (and blogging) are two therapeutic activities that I would do to avoid any negative energy that might occur. But back in Singapore, there seemed to always be so much to do (work commitments), you don't have time to cook, thus I eat out most of the time.

    Glad that Australia practices work-life balance and made it a priority for every working individual to understand its stand.

    By the way Kak Jem, your friend's cuppy cakes look so good... so pretty too esp the pink ones!

    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete